Tuesday, May 16

The Post That THANKS You!

First I would like to wish you all a very happy Lag B’Omer!!! (I’ll tell you my exciting plans later- or maybe not at all!)

Now that that’s out of the way, did anyone notice that I blog a lot? A real lot. You might think that I don’t have a life. (And that’s a good guess!) Well, there is another reason. Basically, blogging is the only thing I have strength for. You see boychiks and maidels, my thyroid packed up, went south and didn’t even send me a postcard. I am the proud owner of the title of hypothyroid woman. Now for those of you who read my Marvellous Magnificent MeMe, you’d know that one of my phobias is getting fat. I have gained 7 lbs from air, because I hardly eat but since the thyroid controls metabolism, I ain’t burning nothin’ off! I have reoccurring nightmares where the fire brigade has to remove the side wall of my house and remove me with a crane because I am too fat to leave the house on my own. (Shudder)

I usually live on adrenalin. I used to give the Energizer Bunny a run for his money. In fact, he was eating my dust. Now, I have no energy left, there is no adrenalin.
In other words:

My get up and go had got up and gone.
I have lost my mojo.
Elvis has left the building.

The Doc says that I have to be patient for a few more weeks until the meds kick in. Bezras Hashem it will. In the meantime, I’m bloated and lethargic. Kasamba with no ‘samba’. My exercise sessions are far cries from the manic outlet they used to be. There is no more kick in my kickboxing, I prefer my pillow to Pilates and I’m using my cross trainer as more of a Zimmer frame.


Every day is the same, I keep thinking that today is the day I will feel good, but it isn’t. It’s hard on Hubby and the kiddies because it’s not like I have the bubonic plague or anything discernable that they could see (like boils and such). They just have to take my word for how I’m feeling. But I think they are suspicious…

However through it all, and excuse me here because I am getting a little emotional, you have been here for me, writing wonderful blogs and leaving lovely comments on mine. I felt like a virtual human!!! (Get it- virtual?) I just wanted to thank all of you for being here when I needed you. Sniff.
All of you write so well that I feel sincerely humbled. I almost feel like smashing my computer keyboard and using the keys as scrabble pieces.

If I never blogrolled you or put up links to you, it’s because I am technically challenged and I don’t know how. (Does that show my age?)
Come on give me a group hug!!!


Therefore in your honour, I have written and dedicated a poem especially for all of you:

If my bathtub were full of ink
And all my makeup brushes- pens,
I wouldn’t have sufficient supplies with which to THANK YOU enough,

If all Hubbys air miles were good wishes
And all the hotel soaps in his suitcase- appreciation,
I wouldn’t have sufficient vibes with which to THANK YOU enough,

And if all my discarded chocolate wrappers were roses
And my blog posts- orchids
I wouldn’t have sufficient fauna with which to THANK YOU enough.

I really mean it.

You’re the best!

(Oh no, maybe my hormones have gone as well…)

37 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger the sabra said...

:-D

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

Well, while you are taking it easy at home, around the jblogosphere you're living it up! :) Love all the comments around the place, and your posts, always very well written and entertaining and a unique take on life! :) Great poem.

But Refuah Sheleimah, hope your get up and go returns to you soon!

(I blog a lot because my current job is not really very taxing or interesting!)

(If you want to put up a blogroll or whatever, i am happy to help... just email me.)

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

I just came across a comment from you in another blog and wanted to ask you something about that. Would it be possible to email? (my email is on my blog profile.)

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

When I read your answers to the meme, I though it was typical Kasamba humor, I can't and refuse to believe you're the kind of person who let herself get down by a couple of extra pounds!

This said your poem was cute and I thank you too for your comments and fantastic posts.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

adorable post. hope you feel better fast!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger MUST Gum Addict said...

You mean I'm not the only one who brings home those little soaps for his wife?

We're like a great big family Kasamba (and I can't believe the samba could EVER be taken out of you)...

:)

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger None available said...

I love your self-biting humor.
The fatigue must be the season.
Hope you feel more oomph soon!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

WOW!!!
What FABULOUS comments to come home to after spending the day following a group of seven year olds frollick on the british coutryside through howling wind and spitting rain!!!!
I was so exhausted that I ended up falling asleep on the bus ride home.

Turquoiseblue:
Aww shucks! I'm blushing!

Sabra:
Right back at you!;D

Sarah:
Thanks so much- yeah it's Lavida Loca here in jblogsville! B"N I'm going to drop you a line!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

Prag:
I appreciate your over estimation but I am REALLY vain!!
Thanks and I honestly wouldn't know what I'd do without your input!

Moiy-Rah:
Hey that's a great comment!!
Keep running around for me cuz I gotto tell you I feel nearly comatose now! Plus thanks for the good wishes!

Anonym00kie: Thanks- That's so sweet of you!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

Must:
I make Hubby shower in the hotel spa so he can bring me all the Hermes soaps for my guest room!!!
I love our great big borderless family!!!!

Tomboy:
Thanks ever so much- I look foward to some air in my tires!

Shopaholic;
Yes- it is Lag Bomer and I'm going to take out my copy of 'Jewish Housewives'- I am obssesed with it!!!! I love it! Thanks Darlin'!!!!

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kasamba- you will get over this just as your doctor said- this condition runs in my family and I've seen that it is easily controllable-

And email me when you are feeling better at: thenumbertwoamishavatgmaildotcom

Hope you are feeling better soon.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Also A Chussid said...

Kasamba,

I enjoy your posts and your comments a lot, can’t wait for the book.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

Kasamba your posts are getting to be more and more enjoyable! You have a great sense of humor!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

Limey:
Ta' me ole chap!
I'm so chuffed I'm going to have a cuppa!

Amishav:
Thanks for the hope!!
Bezras Hashem I will e-mail you!

Also: thank you soooo much!
I can't wait fro the book too!

Frumgirl: Thanks sweetie!!!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger ggggg said...

wow. I wish you the very best. I hope your get up and go returns from vacation real soon and you will feel much better!

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you return to your old self soon!
In the meantime, chocolate is great! :-)

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

(((HUGS)))

You da woman.

Refuah shelaima, I hope you get your groove back soon!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Feel better! :( But you do have an amusing way of putting things :)

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger chaverah said...

Now that we could listen to music again you get hopp to the beat. It can get you moving. somehow when there is no music I get down and sluggish myself! SO now you GET UP and GET GOING. no more kvetching!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger the only way i know said...

My attempt at poem writing
(to the tune of - the candy man from charlie and the chocolate factory)

Who can take a blogspot
Who can take a blogspot
Make it lots of fun
Make it lots of fun
Hysterical for absoulutely every one
Kasamba can
Kasamba really can
Although it might sound a bit delerious
She is actually very serious
And makes the world look good
Just the way it should!

Lol ...okay - you are not really delerious, in fact you are quite the genius - BUT I NEEDED A RHYME!!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger the only way i know said...

Take that zimmer frame and dance the blues!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger tafka PP said...

We're always here for hugs.

Sorry to hear re your Thyroid- FYI I got over something similarly exhaustive and lethargic once- and you will too, P.G. (See, even my inner frummer agrees with me)

PS theonlywayIknow- not half bad! Especially as she often sounds delirious!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Bonnie B said...

Kasamba-- a couple pounds-- that's more for your kiddies to hug. Anyway with your spirit, they'll vanish like a bad first date in no time at all.

Thank you for making my day-- every day you blog or say hello on my blog. It's nice to know there are other people in this world-- even if they are virtual.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

This post...sheds so much light on you...on blogging..
It's wonderful..entertaining..touching..just wonderful..
Youre wonderful..
:-)

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

LakewoodV:
Thanks- I thrive on sympathy!

Ezer Kenegdo:
I'm grateful for your good wishes and the green light to have more chocolate!

Scraps:
Thanks- I really needed that!!!!

FrumbutThinking:
Thanks as well! (I'd rather laugh than cry!)

Chaverah:
Oy, I can barely move... oy, oy, yoy!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

Theonlywayiknow:
Honestly, what can I say to that????
You keep besting even yourself!!!
You really are a yummy bunny!!!

Tafka PP: OOOH I just love cyberhugs! Thanks for the hope!

BonnieB;
And you just made MY day!!!
You're right- now there's more to love! I love when you visit and I love visiting you!

Limey:
Well, just to be nasty, YEAH!!!
Hubby's in Paris now!

David:
Wow, wow, wow! WOW!!!
And I think the same of you!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

LOL!! (Evil Laugh)
Interesting that you say that- he was on sky news this morning checking into the Eurostar!

Plus- NEBECH he just called and he is gutted. (Ha!)

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Hang in there, it will get better.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger kasamba said...

Jack: Thank you!!!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger cruisin-mom said...

kasamba: hope you feel better soon. Obviously your sense of humor has not been affected! (and, boy, are you popular!)

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

Hey Crusin!
Thanks Darlin'- I'll say it again- I just thrive on sympathy!!!

About the other thing- there's a whole lot of love goin' on in blogsville- it's a mutual thing!!!!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Great stuff!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

Socialworker:
Thanks babe!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger kasamba said...

Hey - loopy loo where are you?
(sing to the tune of Scooby-doo)

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

Aww, that was sweet Kas--even though I don't leave comments often, just know I visit. :)

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

My sister has hypothyroidism and as soon as she got on Synthroid....bam, she lost a bunch of weight and had more energy.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

Tamara:
That means alot to me, thanks!

Stacey;
Boy I am looking forward to that!
Thank G-d I am on day number four of feeling more human- long may it last!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


My blog is worth $12,419.88.
How much is your blog worth?

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>