Tuesday, January 16

The More the Merrier

It’s getting late Kasamboys and Kasambettes!
So, make yourself a hot cup of cocoa, curl up under a warm duvet; it’s time for a bedtime story!
(clear throat)

The More the Merrier

I had too many things to do, too much was on my head,
And then I heard a strange voice, a strange voice that said:

‘Kasamba, one of you is not enough, so I’ll make my offer now,
Just say the word and they’re yours, one word and than ‘kapow’!’

Just what is it that you offer?’ I asked that strange, strange voice,
It said, ‘I’ll tell you what they are, and then you make the choice’,
Okay, fine!’ I said ‘but hurry up! I can’t stand here all day!
But I leaned forward to hear just what that voice would say.

The voice said it fast, the voice said it clear,
And said the things a frum woman wants to hear;
‘Too much is on your head, you have so much to do,
So I propose to help you out and make a few of you!


'Is this a joke?' I screamed out loud,
But I must admit that I was wowed,
The wonderful idea of more of me,
Was something I would die to see!
(Well, not actually die, it must be said,
You can’t see anything, when you’re dead)

The voice started to explain that they were loans,
Why would I complain when it meant clones?
More of me?’ I thought, how great, how grand!
Instead of one, I will have a triple helping hand!

And then there they were; me but yet not quite me,
I could not, I would not, have dreamed this could be!

But then they smiled, my ever so charming smile,
I was so glad to see that they had such great style.

And so it was that I got thrice as much done,
Three Kasambas! Three times as much fun!
Fairly soon I managed to finish my never-ending list ,
We were the speedy Kasambas- well, you get the gist!

My expedience left all of my peers in the dust,
They didn’t know I had clones? Ha, they must!


But we would never be at the same place at one time,
To show my husband I had it easy would be a crime,
Hey, let me at least get credit where the credit is due,
All those things my clones did, means I did them too!

Purim was done by Chanukah, Pesach was done by Jan,
And kids’ homework needed more than just one wo-man!
We cooked five course meals on every single night,
Between us there was never one spec of dust in sight.
We did four different carpools, with nary a complaint,
My friends and family started to think I was a saint!

Then of course, the voice returned to me, one night late,
This time, to hear what it would say I knew I could wait.
It said, ‘Kasamba, listen, I have something to say',
‘Oh no’ I thought, ‘it can’t take my ‘me’s away!’
Yes,’ it said, ‘I’m afraid your clones must go back,
And you’ll just have to try to get your life on track.


And then with a puff of the prettiest pink smoke,
My clones were gone as quick as my Diet Coke.

Now I’m alone to do, so I do what I must,
I do what I can without getting too fussed.

So every now and again if you catch me standing still,
Know that I’m simply listening out to hear what I will.

For far too much is on my head
And I have too many things to do,
I just want my beautiful clones back
;
Because I am better as a few.

17 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

wouldn't we all wish to have clones of ourselves at times?
Too bad the voices had to take 'them' away from you.
Now that they're gone,don't you feel more unique though?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

such help around the place would be very useful! but even though they were 'clones' they were still all you so you know that you can accomplish everything just as the one person.

("curl up under a warm duvet" --> nice idea but not today cos it was 40ºC)

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Baleboosteh said...

Lol! So funny and very clever!

Some 'me' clones would be nice in busy times, but I don't know if my husband could handle all that extra talking! He thinks I am a chatterbox already and there is only one of me!

:D

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Nemo said...

I don't know if the world could handle too many of you Kasambas. But, at least that'll mean you'll come around my blog a few times per day.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger RaggedyMom said...

I am getting such a kick out of picturing this in my head. This post must be a true Kasamba work - no way one of the clones could have come up with it!!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

LOL. Oh, I wish there were another one of me to go to work...

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

lol...so cute

did u have one devoted to blogging full time?

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger the only way i know said...

I need more of you changin' my rain into sun..
More of you..
Puttin' my blues on the runn...

(country western song, in case youre not familiar!)

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Mia M said...

you´re brilliant!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Pretty neat idea maybe I should try it thanks lol.

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeh- I know the feeling- I sometimes get double and triple booked- its hard to avoid. But that's whats so great about shabbos- I just get to be in one spot at one time with no other commitments.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger JJ said...

I could use a clone right now to clean the kitchen while I sit here playing :-)

Love your rhyming posts!

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger חנה מיכאל said...

very cool post!
clones would be nice. lol

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Bonnie B said...

I wish had some clones! Darn those voices! My husband is happy there is just one of me though-- three would be too much, we aren't so easy to please-- I want this and that and I want it now-- My husband just wouldn't know how-- with three of me making all these demands-- I just think it's more than he can stand

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger kasamba said...

Prag;
Nope, never had a problem not feeling unique!

Next contender;
Well, too much is on my head and I have to much to do...

Sarah:
It's all me, baby!
40 degrees! Pass some over here, please!

Baleboosteh:
LOL!Thanks!

Nemo:
You're probably right!

RaggedyMom:
Aw, shucks, you just know what to say! Thanks! *blush

Ezzie;
With all you do, I'm hard pressed to believe you DON'T have clones!

Limey:
Uh, no.

David:
Yeah, probably!

Towik:
You have such a good voice!

JSmorg:
Why, thanks!!!!

Socialworker;
Oh, do try!


Amishav:
You need a few of you for that line of women outside your door!

RR;
I know what you mean!

Mrs Jude:
Thanks!!!

Bonnie:
But then your husband would realise how much easier it would be for him with just one of you! That'd teach him- and all husband for that matter!

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 12.31
tory burch outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, burberry outlet online, louboutin, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, burberry, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, louboutin shoes, michael kors, polo ralph lauren outlet, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, nike outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, nike free, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, replica watches, longchamp, prada outlet, replica watches, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

louis vuitton, canada goose, karen millen, pandora charms, moncler, converse outlet, pandora jewelry, links of london, canada goose, wedding dresses, lancel, moncler, canada goose uk, supra shoes, replica watches, moncler outlet, hollister, toms shoes, doke gabbana outlet, canada goose, doudoune canada goose, coach outlet, canada goose outlet, moncler, ugg boots uk, canada goose, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, swarovski, barbour, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, moncler, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, moncler, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose outlet, montre pas cher, barbour jackets, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, thomas sabo, swarovski crystal, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia
nienst123 12.31

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


My blog is worth $12,419.88.
How much is your blog worth?

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>