Friday, February 2

Some Day My Prince Will Come

When I was 19, I bought the most exquisite shoes.

They were Italian made, black leather with a spiked four inch heel.

They were Ma Rabu maasecha Hashem, for only Hashem could have imparted the knowledge of how to create such a design.
They were truly breathtaking.

I felt they deserved a spectular debut, so I decided to save them for a special occasion, which presented itself in the form of my cousin’s 25 wedding anniversary party in Staten Island.
(Okay, so I was desperate to wear them already.)
On the ride home, Kasamba Papa noticed that one of the car doors was opened. So on the highway, we all open and shut our doors.
Everything was fine….or was it?
No it was….NOT!

One of my beautiful, magnificent shoes had flown out the door right onto the Palisades Highway.

I felt sick with loss.
Later that night, as I hobbled back into my parent’s home, I thought,
“I was not meant to be parted from such beauty!”
I took my lovely lonely abandoned and newly single shoe and said “My darling shoe, you will see your mate again, for when I find my true love, you will be reunited with your one and only”
I then placed the shoe in a Lucite box upon my shelf, awaiting my Prince who would bring me my missing shoe.

That summer my parents and I went to LA.
In front of a kosher restaurant I spied the most beautiful automobile known to mankind. It was a silver white cloud Rolls Royce convertible.

I was SURE that my shoe was in that car.

Now, my parents are not easy to embarrass. In fact that whole vacation was spent with my mother introducing herself to celebrities as if they should know who she is. She’d say “Don’t you remember me? I’m Kasambas Mama!” Okayyyy. Get the picture?

So when I went up to the Rollers chauffer and insisted that my shoe was in that car, my parents were….
So proud.

They were cracking up when I was arguing with the poor driver that "Yes, I know that the owner is in the restaurant, but my shoe really is in that car!”

The guy got more flustered when I insisted that the owner was single (he was) and that although the owner had never met me (he hadn’t) my shoe had magically ended up in his car. Finally, I put the guy out of his misery by saying that I would ask the owner of the Fabmobile himself.

When I went inside the restaurant, I saw the Roller’s owner immediately; because he was the only one sitting there. As soon as I saw him I decided that building a Bayis Neeman with someone on the basis of their car was not such a good idea. Really, it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the guy was pushing seventy. As sure as I had been that my shoe was in that car, I knew then that it was not to be.

And so, I went back home, sans shoe, and more importantly
sans Prince.

When I met Mr. Kasamba, I told him about my missing shoe and asked him if he had it. He responded the response that went straight to my heart. He said,
“It’s only a stupid shoe.
I’ll buy you plenty of shoes!”

And bless him, he has.

(All together now; ‘Awwww’)
Sigh.

23 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger kishmech said...

AAw...bless. He's sooo....romantic! knows that just the way to a woman's heart. lol.

laamb- she's obsessed with life itself, shoes are just part of the details in life (and when you're a control freak - well you did organise your own surprise party! - even the little details matter.....besides she's a woman.....with shoes it's the more the merrier. Completely healthy obsession. )

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Hila said...

Oh Kasamba, yet another HILARIOUS post! I share your affinity for gorgeous shoes. A girl just can't have enough! I remember a shopping trip to Nashville a couple of years ago, where MammaHila and myself went a bit nuts with the shopping. I ended up with 11 new pairs of shoes. Yes, 11. All PappaHila could say was "Hila, I love you and I want you to have everything, but you are seriously going to have to find a man who can support your habit. You are becoming the next Imelda Marcos."

All I could to was blush sheepishly and say "Thank you, Pappa. I'm really grateful."

Don't even ask how many pairs of shoes I've bought since then, it's a moot point. :-)

Shabbat Shalom!

-Hila

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger חנה מיכאל said...

lol. I loved that one!
Good Shabbos and have a nice Tu B'shvat!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger BagelUndertheCouch said...

shoes are at the center of every relationship.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

lol!

did he realise what he was getting into when he said that?! ;)

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Mia M said...

A sentence I will never here my hubby say. In the summer (why is it that we need more shoes in the summer) my hubby only "allows" me to buy a pair of shoes if I am ready to throw one away which I clearly don´t wear...... well, he never wins and I get more and more shoes, just can´t resist :D

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger cruisin-mom said...

okay, I'll say it...AWWWWW! Shoes are the lifeline to a woman's soul (you may quote me)

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger torontopearl said...

Great post. Great hubby.

I love shoes...and thank G-d my 9-year-old daughter is following in my footsteps. (no pun intended)

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Rivka Photography said...

You have a hilarious way of writing! I am glad you have been given many Princes :)

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Nemo said...

Urgh... I hope my wife will be satisfied with flip flops... I can't handle you women.

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger the dreamer said...

I've never had an obsession with shoes. Could be because my feet are to large to fit into most dainty women's styles.
:P

I do have a thing for earrings, though. Wonder what my future Prince will have to say about THAT.
:)

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger the only way i know said...

perfect shoes
perfect mate
perfect post
LOVED it!

XX

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Very funny I think your husband made a better offer, did he oblige? lol

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

v'nomar amen.

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How u have the blessed talent to put everything down so beautiful.

Hashem Lokach, took away the show
Hashem Nosan, gave u your beloved bashert

Upgekimen mit agmas nefesh of a lost shoe, and got something truly worthy instead!!

When we as kids would fight or cry over any thing, my mother spontaneousness reaction would always be

STOP It...I'll buy you a new one....!!

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

lol

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

What a lovely fairytale. When’s the movie version coming out and more importantly who will play Kasamba?

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Bonnie B said...

I would have pulled the car over and searched for the darn shoe-- forget about my life and limbs-- it's a SHOE (and shoes are near and dear to my heart)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger smb said...

lol :), love this

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

The Laamb:
I do. I takeh might not be.

Kish:
I bet you don't know how amazing I think you are!

Ezzie:
(Curtsey)

Hila:
LOL! I knew you were a girl after my own heart!

Mrs Jude:
Thank you! I hope you did too!

Bagel Under:
Well said!

Sarah:
Uh, probably not!

Jewish smorg:
I totally get you!

Crusin:
I sure will!

Toronto Pearl:
I'm sure she's as fabulous as her Mommy!

Rivka:
Why thank you and welcome!

Nemo:
Start saving NOW!

The Dreamer:
Earrings are real good!

Towik:
aw, *blush. Thanks!

Socialworker:
What do you think?

Jameel:
Yisgadal...

Limey:
(shock, horror) you were there??

Nuch a Chussid;
LOL! That's so cute!

David:
thanks!

Prag;
Good question.
Possibly... Hillary Clinton?
Oh, scratch that... she's too busy running for president.

Bonnie;
I would've!!!But my dad was driving- he never had the same feeling as we woman do!

Ivnsm:
YAY!!!

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

2015-10-7leilei
Lerbron James Shoes For Sale
michael kors uk
louis vuitton outlet online
Michael Kors Handbags Outlet
Abercrombie and Fitch Outlet
Christian Louboutin Outlet Authentic sneakers
Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet
coach outlet
ray-ban sunglasses,ray ban sunglasses,ray bans,rayban,ray ban wayfarer,raybans,ray ban glasses,ray ban aviators,ray ban clubmaster,ray ban eyeglasses,cheap ray bans,ray bans sunglasses,ray ban aviator,ray bands,fake ray bans,ray ban prescription glasses,ray ban outlet,ray ban canada,ray ban sunglasses sale,ray ban sale
michael kors uk
ugg boots sale
nike trainers
Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Stores
louis vuitton handbags
uggs sale
cheap ugg boots
canada goose jackets
Ralph Lauren UK
hollister uk sale
Hollister Cheap Hollister Clothing Outlet Store
Mont Blanc Pens
Louis Vuitton Handbags Discount
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
Coach Outlet Discount Sale

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors, ralph lauren uk, nike air max, converse pas cher, vanessa bruno, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, coach purses, ray ban uk, abercrombie and fitch, nike air max, nike free, new balance pas cher, nike free run uk, true religion jeans, hermes, oakley pas cher, nike roshe run, ray ban pas cher, air force, michael kors, mulberry, nike air max, nike blazer, hogan, lacoste pas cher, burberry, air max, air jordan pas cher, sac longchamp, longchamp pas cher, coach outlet, north face, tn pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, north face, true religion jeans, longchamp, nike roshe, sac guess, hollister, nike trainers, louboutin pas cher, replica handbags, hollister pas cher, nike huarache, true religion jeans, timberland, lululemon

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

louis vuitton, canada goose, karen millen, pandora charms, moncler, converse outlet, pandora jewelry, links of london, canada goose, wedding dresses, lancel, moncler, canada goose uk, supra shoes, replica watches, moncler outlet, hollister, toms shoes, doke gabbana outlet, canada goose, doudoune canada goose, coach outlet, canada goose outlet, moncler, ugg boots uk, canada goose, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, swarovski, barbour, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, moncler, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, moncler, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose outlet, montre pas cher, barbour jackets, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, thomas sabo, swarovski crystal, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia
nienst123 12.31

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


My blog is worth $12,419.88.
How much is your blog worth?

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>